What you’ll need:
½ cup Margarine
4 Onions (Sliced)
3 Cloves of Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
1 tbsp Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste (I like a lot haha)
4 tbsp of flour
4 Cups of beef broth
Gruyere (or Mozza if you’re not fancy… like me)
What to do:
- Melt butter in a sauce pan adding your onions and spices. Cook until carmelized well.
- Take out bay leaves and turn heat to low.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for 5-10 minutes (careful not to burn the flour!)
- Add broth and turn heat up. Cooking for ten minutes.
- Pour soup into an oven safe dish and sprinkle a generous layer of cheese on top of the soup.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes and enjoy it😃
TIP: Another way I do it is after the onions have been cooked do NOT get rid of the bay leaves, pour all of it into the slow cooker and sprinkle with flour. Let it cook for any amount of time (the longer the better) and THEN transfer it to the oven safe dishes.