What You Need:
2 1/4 cup sifted flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons room temp margarine
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup sour cream
Canola/vegetable oil for frying
What You Do:
1. Sift dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl (flour, nutmeg, baking powder, salt)
2. With your mixer, Cream together butter and sugar. Add in vanilla, egg yolks and sour cream. (Pro tip: you can substitute a little missing sour cream with milk!)
3. Add your dry ingredients gradually to form dough.
4. Roll dough into a ball and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
5. Roll out onto a floured surface (they’ll get fluffy so you can go pretty thin. This yielded 9 donuts and 9 holes for me😊). Use a wide glass and a shot glass to cut your shapes! Score a triangle onto your donut as shown above.
6. Heat your oil on medium heat. Place donut scores side down into the oil for about 75 seconds on each side.
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place cooling racks over wax paper.
2. Whisk together ingredients and dip each donut into the glaze.
3. Allow to drip until glaze has set.