Mat LOVES lemon loaf and I love to experiment so I’m on the hunt for the perfect recipe! This one was great, it produced a light and fluffy, not overly sweet loaf that went perfectly with a light lemon glaze.
What you’ll need:
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar
3 tbsp lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 350• and grease a regular sized loaf pan.
2. Add eggs, sour cream, sugar and butter to mixer. Pour in lemon juice.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour into loaf pan and bake 50-52 minutes
5. While it’s baking, whisk together confectioners sugar and lemon juice to make a glaze.
6. Cool, place on wire rack and spread glaze over top of loaf.