* 3-4 cups chicken stock
* 7 potatoes, diced
* 2 onions, diced
* 2 tbsp reserved bacon grease
* 2 tbsp butter
* 1/3 cup flour
* 1 can evaporated milk
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (You’ll probably want some to top it off too!)
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Add bacon, 3 cups chicken broth, potatoes and onion to the crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until the potatoes are completely cooked through.
2. Once the soup is about ready, heat the butter and grease in a saucepan on the stove until it has melted. Whisk in the flour until it is completely combined, and then cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
3. Gradually add in the evap while whisking it with the flour mixture, and continue whisking until the mixture is completely smooth. Let the mixture continue cooking until it begins to simmer, stirring occasionally until it thickens.
4. Immediately pour the milk mixture into the slow cooker with the potatoes, and stir until combined. Add in the cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper, and stir until combined. Use a potato masher to mash about half of the potatoes to thicken it all up. Stir to combine, then taste and add more butter, salt and pepper to taste.